Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Tall Glass of Water



A Tall Glass of Water
I'm at my kitchen table. It's a little dusty and needs to be wiped down. I wish life didn't get away from me so fast. The only sounds echoing in my one bedroom apartment is the loud consistent hum of the refrigerator and my husband's affectionate patting of our 8 year old black lab. I should be entering into dream world at this moment but my mind is buzzing with ideas and weak inspiration for my pathetic writing career. 

Everyone dreams of someday doing someone else's job. I dream of writing while sitting here in my humble abode with my tall glass of crystal clear water, when somewhere in the world, perhaps where the sun is rising or the summer heat is beginning to burn, there is someone wishing the led worship for a living. 

We all grasp. We all thirst. We all crave more. Some out of discontentment [myself included] but that is not always the case. 

Sometimes, like tonight, there is a burning my heart for something more despite my own satisfaction in my current season of life and state of being. I'm not sure what it is. Someone, somewhere has to have named it already. I'm sure I'll figure it out the same way they did. But til then, I'm just going to write, dream, wish, pray and drink my tall glass of water. 
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.