Saturday, July 23, 2011

I'm Blogger Potty Training :: Blogher Convention 2011

Blogging to some people is like the food pyramid. There are necessary elements needed for everyday survival and others that are just for treats and cheat-days. 





As the dawn of this convention sneaks closer, I am discovering that the Blogher Convention is a necessary element. 


So I'm going. I'm scared, nervous, excited, and a bit starry-eyed. Kind of like potty training a toddler [minus the starry-eyed part]. There will be alot of big time bloggers, along with alot of little fish in the sea [like me!] mixed into one space. It's going to be dynamite, or so I hear. 


There are workshops pretty much all day and parties all night. In San Diego. Near the gaslamp. Oh snap. I'm not quite sure what to pack yet but I'm hoping @hollywoodhwife will write a post on that [*wink wink*]. 


The thing that I'm most excited about is hearing from the professionals and getting some long-time questions answered. Like -how to market, -how to establish a following, -how to write tailoring to your audience, -how to maximize social tools like Twitter and FB, -what makes someone a good "blog writer" and is that different from a "regular writer", and -maybe some -fun blogging ideas. 


Last, I hope to meet new people. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those events where everyone tries to out impress the other with their blogging skills, interviews, data, and numbers but I'm gonna try really hard to just sit and watch. This may be the naivety talking, but I wanna see how this whole thing works and if it's something worth being a part of. I can't really imagine it not being, everyone I've read who's been LOVES it, but trying to be cautious. Maybe. haha. 


I will of course be tweeting and picturing through the whole thing so make sure to follow on Twitter

Annnnnd, if you're going to #Blogher11 tell me so maybe we can high five or something. 


Happy Saturday! 


Love,

^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.