Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Sloppy Wet Kiss...Really?

"Heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss..." [line @ 4:04 in the video below]






That's all I heard when I first heard this song and was WAY over it WAY fast. The song wasn't bad. And it wasn't necessarily completely theologically wrong, but it just was weird right? Most everyone thinks so as well, but I wrote the song off completely because of that strange line. Even though that was just one little sliver of the song. Hadn't listened to it since. 


Then Ty put it in the youth worship rotation and assigned it to me to sing.


Blurg. 


I actually laughed at him, thinking he was joking because he knew I thought it was weird. [In the most respectful way of course...] But he wasn't so I downloaded the Kim Walker/Jesus Culture [the video above] version of the song and listened to it approx. 10 times in a row. My world was rocked. I had never really listened to any of the other lyrics until then and I physically felt the weight of those words. 


It exposed me to a whole new dimension of knowing just how much God actually loves me and how much my afflictions, my troubles in life are shadowed, eclipsed, by His glory. He covers me. He takes care of me. He really really really really loves me.


And that my friends, overwhelms me. But it also urges me. It urges me and burns my heart to tell everyone about God's faithfulness, His power, and His love. He's real. And He loves you. So so so very much. 


So dear John Mark, I am sorry I judged your song. I love it. I'm a fan. But I did change that line...

-What do YOU think of the Song? 
-Like it, hate it, weirded out by it??
-And does your church change that line?

^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.