Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday Obsessions: Breakfast, Books, & Beach.

Summer has taken over life in the Morlet household. All good, but definitely not the best for routine. But I have been recently obsessing over these three things in the last couple weeks and wanted to share! 


I Heart Breakfast
{breakfast photo credit}
Yesterday I made Cinnamon Burst French Toast with special bread from my local Great Harvest Bread company and I just about died. All their stuff is handmade and fresh-made. They provided the bread for our wedding, that's how much we love them! 
--Directions are super easy: Slice bread to the thickness you prefer [the thicker it is, the longer cook time]. Mix eggs [2 eggs per person], alot of cinnamon, and milk [til it looks a little creamy]. Dip bread slice [don't soak, dip]. Lay on griddle. Done. 
Eat it with some orange juice and bacon! 


Books Worth Reading
{books Photo credit}
Right now I'm reading through The Joy of Promises Kept which is a study on the roles wives play but I'm simultaneously re-reading through BitterSweet by Shauna. I think I'm getting better at dedicating time to read actual books [I've decided blog posts don't count ;)]. I was talking with a dear friend and she mentioned how her attention span for reading seems to be decreasing because there are so many things buzzing around her mind. That reading is becoming more of a discipline we are soon forgetting. So I'm trying to reverse that effect in me. 


Beach Babes
My favorite thing to do is lay on the beach and let my body soak up the sun. Sometimes I don't even get in the water. Ty says it's a waste of a beach trip, but I don't care. I love it! There's nothing like a California beach. [Can't wait for you to see Cara!]


Happy Saturday! 


What are you obsessing about lately??


Love,

^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.