Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year Resolutions: The Maddness of Dreaming & Making Plans

Photobucket
I've always heard, time flies by faster as you get older. 
This New Years, I feel that is truer than any other. 2011 was such a modpodge of a year. Summed up, I'd say the Word of the Year is Tears. Tears of joy, tears of loss, tears of adventure and tears of unbearable pain. A lot of this year caught me off guard. I think most people can relate with that. 


It's crazy that we still plan in the first place. Though we hope things will follow suit, we know, deep in our souls that something very well may go wacky at any given time. Plans will change, yet we make them. Call me hopeful or call me mad, but I'll keep doing it. It let's me keep dreaming. 


I looked back at last year's resolutions and I am thrilled to say all but one (the album one) have been accomplished! First year ever!

-Finish the first draft of my book.
-Write @ least 1 of 3 e-books.
-Lose the wedding weight. :)
-Start our creative workshops.
-Finish writing my new album.
-Learn to like sushi.

I didn't want to jinx this year, so I narrowed my over-zealous list to 4 things for 2012. 


Photobucket
1. Write out my grandparent's love stories.
On the way home from Christmas this year, I was telling Ty about how my mom's parents met. I was getting a little jumbled in the details and by the end of the story I thought out loud, Man, I should really have them tell me again and this time, write it down! I can't wait for this one. 4 love stories will be documented this year. Maybe I'll e-book them for the world to read.


2. Get rid of things I don't use.
Clothes, knick-nacks, makeup, jewelry, books, etc. I probably won't sell any of it, because I hate doing eBay, but I'll definitely be giving a lot away. So if you get a book from me for your birthday this year, well, you know I'm on track.


3. Raise the bar on my writing.
While working with She Seeks these last couple of months, I am learning how important, hard, but rewarding an editing process is for all writings. The team over there has taught me a lot of strategies and formulas to writing well, and I want to implement those over here as well. 


4. Dream a little bigger for this pretty space.
I want this blog to be a place of conversation and inspiration. I want to create a community built around alliance, relationships, and encouragement. I have a few ideas but I'd love yours too. Anything you think might work here? 


I have many goals and dreams this year and I hope you do too.
I'll leave you with my closer from last year because it still rings true.

For some of us this year is our Ctrl + Alt + Del button. 
For some of us, this year is the continuation of the best year of our life. 

For some of us this year will bring great joys and greater triumphs.
For some of us this year will bring such sorrow and utter disappointment.

For some of us this year will fly by just like the rest.
For some of us this year will drone on into what seems like an eternity.

For some of us this year will be one of significant discovery.
For some of us this year will be one of significant loss.

But for everyone, this year will be another year added to the timeline of our seasoned lives. And when we look back we'll see how invaluable this year was to the making of who we have become. 

Happy New Year dear friends & family. Happy sweet New Year.
-JM
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.