Thursday, December 30, 2010

Writing Practice & Resolutions

In lieu of my writing practice I am attempting to write a couple shorter E-books on somethings I am crazy passionate about. Here's a sneak peek.


In my journey as a worship leader I have come to be convicted by one thing. The worth of my worship  is dead if I am not acknowledging the grace and greatness of God. Scripture elaborately describes that worship is not just music. It is not just singing. In fact, the act of singing is just one of many aspects of worship. "Worship is the believer’s response of all that they are – mind, emotions, will, body – to what God is and says and does." [Weirsbe] 

It's a response. An active response. And response urges action. Action to make right. Do right. Love what is right in the eyes of God. Micah 6:8 says, "He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you?" What exactly does God require of us? Just this: "To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." That's worship. [We have a song about it too! Go here]




[From the Diaries of a Grownup Teenage Girl]
I've always wanted to write a book with my mom. She's the wisest woman I know. Growing up, she learned the fine and skilled art of mothering a teenager while creating an environment of love and respect. I respect both my parents tremendously. I don't know how they did it, but whatever they did...it worked.

Now that's not to say I was never angry, irritated, annoyed, or overly dramatic about how I felt I was being treated, sheltered, and/or denied my rights as an American teenage girl. One skim through my journal will show you otherwise. I was a normal teenage girl with normal teenage drama. We're all [mostly] the same. Yet they maneuvered through those times with such poise, grace, and an overabundance of love. 

This book will be full of funny, inspiring, and hopefully encouraging stories for all moms of teenage girls and all teenage girls of moms. 


Everyone can sing. It's true. Everyone can and everyone does. You know who you are, you showering, hair brushing, radio blasting belters. Ya'll do it because singing is part of who we are. Think about it, people have been singing since the beginning of time. People sing all over the world. Every nation, every tribe, every country utilizes the gift of music. Why is that? 


My E-Course, I {Heart} Singing, will give you the tools you need to understand the method and magic behind singing [I'll give you a hint, it's not as magical as you think ;)]. It will also push you outside of your comfort zone to connect heart, mind, and soul through song.

Everyone loves music. Everyone loves singing. That's a no brainer. 

---
So there you have it. These are a big part of my NY Resolutions. Keep me accountable :) 


What are your NY Resolutions? Comment them or email me them and I'll post the on my blog all day tomorrow. Finale-ing with my own Resolutions and new blog look by Midnight.


[Ahh, so much pressure, so much excitement!]


Love,

No comments:

^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.