Saturday, October 1, 2011

Christmas Music Starts Today // It's a Tradition

Christmas is here! Christmas is here! Or at least it is for this girl! 


Since my freshman year in college I've had this tradition of starting to listen to my Christmas music on October 1st every year. Why on earth?? You ask...Well, here is my explanation [and I say this every year]:

There is too much good Christmas music to listen to for only one month out of the year.

Now with everyone and their mother and brother and uncles re-recording the oldies, I'm thinking October might not even be early enough...[haha just kidding babe.] In college I would wake up all my dorm mates to Martina McBrides Holiday Album blasting through the hallway. They may have hated me then, but now it brings back all those fond memories ;) Right girls?? 

This year I'm gonna start with Amy Grant, Tennessee Christmas Album. I wore out this tape cassette when I was in Middle School. [Remember tape cassettes??] I listened to it nearly everyday and have every single song memorized. I wonder if that was Amy's goal when she recorded it. To create a vehicle by which people remember. 

I love that Christmas has become a symbol for memories. At Christmas time people remember things. Stories. Songs. Friendships. Family. Jesus. 

So, the For-Sures on the Music menu this year are:
-A Christmas Album [Amy Grant]
-A Very She & Him Christmas [She & Him]
-The Christmas Album [The Glee Cast]
-Songs for Christmas [Sufjan Stevens]
-Brand New Year [SHEDaisy]
-The Ultimate White Christmas [Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney, Danny Kaye]


Happy listening and Merry Christmas season! 


Love,




*This post is a half re-post from last year's content because it's everything, literally, I would have said anyways. Here's previous Christmas Music Tradition posts for your reading and listening pleasure: My Christmas Tradition [October 2008] & It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year [October 2010]



^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.