Monday, April 11, 2011

Today Was a Fairytale

Welcome to A Week of Married Life Day One. To start off this series, I thought it'd be sweet to tell you a little bit of our love story. 


Every girl dreams of her own fairytale. Though marriage really isn't a fairytale, I think I am pretty close and here's why. The basics of my favorite fairytales are as follows: prince, princess, some sort of traumatic distress, rescuing, wooing, loving, happily ever aftering; though not always in that order. 


In the last 670[ish] days I've been wooed by a prince, gone through traumatic distresses, been rescued, wooed, loved and lived happily every after. But thankfully, that's not where the story ends my dears. Oh no, it does that for the next 60+ years. :) We fight, we quarrel, we kiss and makeup. Repeat. Our marriage isn't perfect but it's a Morlet Real Life Fairytale.


Enjoy.
::I only put segments below. For each full story click on the "read more" links at the end of each segment::


On my golden birthday, the man of my dreams knelt down on one knee and asked me, Julianna Hallworth, to be his wife. Through a song of course. Music is the Morlet way. I don't remember if I even said yes, but the sobbing and the hugging and the kissing might have given him his answer. The rest of the evening was spent with bubbling friends and relatives, smiling and laughing, reminiscing and dreaming of everything wedding and marriage. I'm pretty sure grandbabies were a hit topic as well. It was truly the beginning of forever. Read more.


It was seriously perfect. Relaxing. Amazing. Beautiful. Christ-centered. Smooth. Fun. Perfect. These are the words that describe our wedding day. It is definitely one for history books. With 600 friends and family, 11 bridesmaids and 10 groomsmen, 4 flower girls, and 2 ring bearers surrounding us, I felt so much love, hope, and happiness from the hearts of people who have been praying for us, loving on us, and encouraging us through this journey. But the thing that I am most satisfied in my heart about is that not one single person could have walked away that day doubting they heard the message of Jesus Christ and the purpose of His Church. The ceremony was exquisite. Tyson and I could not stop talking about it our whole honeymoon. The way everything flowed and the words of wisdom all the pastors had for us (there were four of them) made our wedding the most memorial day in my life. The Lord was most definitely the focal point and for that we are grateful. It was our prayer that nothing would distracted from such. And I believe that prayer was answered. Read more.


Anyways, so now that we are coming up on our year anniversary, the marriage beautifully solidifying, God decided to bait and switch me. A couple months ago, Ty was presented with an amazing opportunity to study and lead under the ministry of our High School pastor (now exec. over Student Ministries), Steve Salomon. Amazing guy with an amazing passion for God. He has been Ty’s mentor and his friend. His faith in my husband makes me fall in love with Tyson all over again. Every one of the God given gifts, characteristics, and talents [my man can teach the Word!] that Steve has affirmed in Ty, I already knew, but to see another great man of faith encouraging him, bragging on him, and putting complete confidence in him makes my heart just want to jump out of my skin. Read more.


In one of our pre-marriage counseling sessions, our pastor warned us that, for us specifically, our first year was going to make us or break us. After we heard that encouraging news, we decided that breaking us was not an option. From then on, every time we got to that breaking point we asked ourselves the golden question: Are we choosing to make it through this one or are we choosing to let it break us apart? Read more.

- - - - - - - - - -

Now it's your turn.
What's your fairytale story?
How long have you been married?
Is the love you have for your spouse different now than your wedding day?
How has your life flipped and flopped since those days?
{Leave your answers in the comments below so everyone can enjoy your stories as well.}

Love,


^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.