Monday, April 4, 2011

It's Been 14 Years and Counting.

A Note to my parents from my brother & sister and I:

On this day, 14 years ago, God granted a yes to our deepest prayer. We wanted a daddy. Someone to love us, care for us, protect us, and raise us up into men and women who love Jesus and make a difference in the world. 

On this day, 14 years ago, we cried and laughed at your wedding. Our little elementary hearts overflowed with joy and tears as you were wed. You see, this marriage wasn't just about two people falling in love. It was about an entire family. We had our very own family. 


On this day, 14 years ago, we asked Mr. Don if we could now call him Daddy. We'd waited so long to call someone daddy. But not just anyone. Only the man God brought so perfectly and timely in our lives. 

On this day, 14 years ago, Dad, you and Ash enveloped us into your lives and we became the Hallworth Clan. Forever and always. 

We're not perfect. But we're perfect for each other. God knew what He was doing when He chose our two families to be knit together. So thank you Mom and Dad. Thank you for putting Christ first in your relationship and your marriage. Thank you for creating for us this rich heritage and lasting memories. 



We love you.

Happy Anniversary!

Love,





**If you don't know my parents, get to know them here.  
The list is endlessly filled with things he taught me, grew in me, pushed in me, and showed to me, but here are just a few:
-He taught me how to play the guitar.
-He taught me how to ski.
-He taught me how to drive my first car [an '84 Volvo].
-He goes out of his way to make us laugh until all of us pee our pants.
-He made me breakup with my first boyfriend.
-He taught me that boys only cause girls to be more emotional...

Growing up, my momma instilled in my heart and mind, that I was going to be whomever God called me to be. Now as my mother began to see the gifts and desires that were being birthed inside of her little girl, she never pushed any of them because she knew God would flourish what He wanted and fade those He did not...
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.