Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sundays are for Worship // Suffering Well // Speaking Notes



Speaking Notes | Rancho Community Murrieta

This weekend we're starting our series on the book of Job, and we thought this next song would be the perfect theme song for us to proclaim throughout the series.

What I never realized about this story was that Job's life crumbles around him within the first chapter. For some reason I thought the tragedies happened throughout the entirety of the book, but everything falls apart within the first 17 verses.

His servants come to him, one after another, with news that his money, livestock, home, and children are all gone in an instant.

But, Jobs immediate response is the lord gives and the lord takes away. BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD.

And today as I've looked over the timeline of my story, which is less of a story more of a soap opera, I can count on 2 fingers when my reaction to disaster has been the same as Job's: 
     -When my sister got cancer (2003) and when I had our second miscarriage (2012).

That's it. But why? Why is it that a girl who was raised by godly parents and has known Jesus for most of her life, doesn't react the same way as Job more often? 

Because its not natural to the human condition. 
We want answers and when we don't get them, the idea of surrender and praising anything or anyone is crazy!

But as this song proclaims, let this be our prayer in the battles,
When triumph is still on its way
Why? Because I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on his promise we'll stand 

Church there is always a reason to worship God.
In every single season, there is always a reason.

And I want to acknowledge to that maybe you're in that disaster of a place and you're thinking,
There is no way I can worship God right now, I'm too broken
Too weary, I'm too angry.
That's ok too because we, your church family are here for you.
We will stand in your place and gently remind you just how great our God is.

So church, will you sing this with me... 

***
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.