Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Let's Give Thanks & Eat Turkey

Holidays bring out the best and worst of people at equal levels of strength. What I mean is, we all love the holidays, but they stress us all out. At the exact same time. Not enough time to cook, the house isn't clean enough, I love baking these traditions, White Christmas will never get old, are my center pieces classy enough? Questions, excitement, questions, excitement, etc. 


And even though this has been a season of great sorrow, I know I still have so much to be thankful for. So much!


For example,
-How Ty & I have gotten to see each other through the prettiest and ugliest parts of life, so far. 
-The unloosing hold that God has on my heart. 
-My new brother and sister [Landen and Jessica] being added to the family!
-My nephews and niece [one due in December and one in March].
-My Mom and Dad whose love for me never changes despite the fluctuating visits home.
-My In-Laws for their continued support and love for ridiculously silly games. 
-Pretty much my whole family, on all sides.
-Sarah Wilson and her genius sugar-free e-book that helped me figure out my health issues!
-A home to live in and our adopted family that built it [Thanks Papa Boyd!]. 
-My job, where I get to passionately sing for a living and the team I get to do it with.
-Creativity, without you I'd die.
-Starbucks, also imperative to my existence.
-The team at She Seeks, and specifically Lisa Whittle, for believing in me as a writer.
-Pumpkin pie, Christmas music, and cinnamon.
-New friends.
-And this blog, because it lets me meet you!


So let's make a deal: How about you and I make a more conscious effort to be overwhelmingly thankful this week, and the next, and the next, and the next...
It makes life just that much more celebratory. 


Enjoy your turkey and sweet potato souffle! 
My favorite part is all the left-overs. 


Love,
JM
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.