Tuesday, November 22, 2011

On Inspiration: Kate Bosworth & Cher Coulter Tell Us Their Techniques

Remember that one post I wrote about being a fake feminist? Well, I am also a fake Jewelry Lover. 
I love the idea of wearing and fawning over jewelry, I love dreaming about how good Carrie Underwood's black frilly earrings would look on me. But I never try it because I'm too scared. I'm too afraid to be anything different that what I am right now. haha. I like my plain ear lobes, and bare arms. I occasionally wear a trinket necklace or my favorite hand-made cuff, but that's about as daring as I get. 

I don't really know my jewelry style. 
BUT, there's this jewelry company. It's called Jewel Mint and it is amazing. They walk you through a whole style questionnaire to try and figure out your style and custom suggest pieces to you! I love EVERYTHING on my style pallet. 


The creators of this company are Kate Bosworth and Cher Coulter. The cutest ladies with crazy good fashion and style. I loved this video they made on how they get their inspiration and ideas. Though they are making jewelry and you might be making clothes or cookies or books or music, the inspiration technique is the same. 


-Think about the timing of your creations. 
-What season is it? Time of the year? Time of your life?
-How can you rework something that is already created? 
-How can you modify something you already own?
-Look at what is trending
-Make an "inspired by..." piece.


Get inspired sweet friends. Make something beautiful today.


Love,
JM
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.