Monday, January 30, 2012

Why Has No One Written About Ambitious Women & Wives

(Photo Credit)
Today I googled, "How to be a godly wife and a godly leader...." 
Do you know how many results I got? None. The only articles that came up were either for women in leadership or women as wives, but none of them combined or even slightly approached the topic of the two together. I was discouraged. 


It's no secret that I'm a pretty independent and a go-getter type girl. And it's also no secret that I love being Tyson's wife. But I've recently run into this OVERBEARING dilemma that I can't be both. At least not at the same time. I'm either Miss Change the World or Mrs Morlet; both positions I love dearly. 


However, I got to a breaking point this week where I felt like I wanted to quit all "side projects" and just be a wife. You know, the clean house, dinner on the table and strawberry pie kind of wife. My house was is a mess, the laundry was is getting dusty, there are impending errands that need to get done, and my poor husband has been eating girly yogurt for breakfast way too many days in a row because I can't find 2 hours to go grocery shopping. I feel like my priorities are scrambled and I am desperate for a code to unscramble them.


But it seems like this is a situation no one has addressed yet. I can't be the first wife to be wired like this and feel this discouraged. One of you has to know what I'm talking about and have some answers. It's times like this when I wish Beth Moore and I were B.F.F's. Anyone got her number? 


There is no punchline to this story, except that someday I hope to write that article. I know this season in my life is purposefully positioned to continue this path of growing and maturing, but I felt like this discussion should be laid out onto the table for some discussion.


My questions are: 
-Are you or do you know a woman with this tension dilemma? (Being a wife & Being a go-getter)
-What are your thoughts on this tension? Can it work or not? 
-Any biblical guidance that came to your mind to aid in this process?


**Please keep in mind that I love being honest with you and getting your opinions. Even those of you who may disagree.
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.