Monday, September 12, 2011

Real Life Women of God // Meet the Ladies...



Why am I doing this series?
Because you told me to! haha. Actually, I have always wanted to do a series with these women, who have all played a huge part in my spiritual, emotional and physical growth. I think they are beautiful women who love God with all their hearts and have way too much wisdom to not be shared. I have the privilege of having them at my disposal ;) [and by disposal I mean sheer need and honor], but I wanted you to hear from them so badly that I decided to bring them to you. 


It has been my passion, for the last 3 years, that younger and older women would be seeking one another out in order that we could be encouraged in our faith. So through this series, I wanted to jump start that process and provide avenues for you and them. This is where it gets cool...


The Q&A
-At the end of each post, there is a comment section where you can ask the women whatever question[s] you have in regards to their post or just life in general. 
-They will, in turn, reply and BAM dialogue will happen. 


I want you to have resources and guidance in this life about anything and everything woman. If your question is more private, there is an option to post your question anonymously or you can send it via email to me (juliannamorlet@gmail.com) and it will get forwarded to them and you will get a reply. 


EVERY QUESTION WILL GET AN ANSWER. I promise. 


Ok, without further adeau, please meet our 4 series contributors.

TUESDAY
Married to her college sweet-heart, Kathie didn't become a Christian until later on in life. She is the mother of 4 beautiful children [score: 1 boy + 3 girls], an elementary school teacher, and closet crafter. Kathie and her husband have been serving in our high school ministry, mentoring the younger generation with patience and wisdom. 

WEDNESDAY
Tamara has a testimony that I didn't even realize the depth of til I got to know her more. Her favorite thing to do is, as she calls it, coffee with Jesus. She is the mother of 4 children and they are the light of her life. She and her husband are learning how to parent through the "teenage years" and have done so with grace. She has a heart for women to know Jesus more, like really really know Him and leads women's bible studies in her church as an avenue to do so. 

THURSDAY
Kelly is married to the lead pastor of Calvary Chapel Murrieta.  They have two children, Zach and Mical, ages 25 and 22. They have recently added a new daughter in law to the family! Kelly has been the Director of Women's Ministry at Calvary for more than 20 years.  She loves to write devotions for women, some of which have been published in books, magazines, and local newspapers.

FRIDAY
She's my favorite, mostly because she's my mother. You've already read a lot about her from these posts, but I can't say enough. Married to my dad for 14 years, my mother is one of the wisest women I know. She lives a life of freedom and victory, against all odds. She will tell you her story more personally, but when I began to see my mother, not only as my mother, but as a woman who had struggled with the same things I struggle with and gained freedom from the bondages that so easily entangle us women, she became that much more special to me. Oh yea, and she's raised 6 kids. And we're writing a book together.


Here we go! :) 


Love,

^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.