I will never again assume an exact demographic of persons who read this blog.
And this is why: Whenever I write, I use to assume it was all women reading here because I write about some pretty girly things. But in the last couple weeks I've had a ton of men comment on something said or written here at JM. Whether it was about something their wife read, or something that helped them understand their woman a little better, I was shocked that they were even interested in the first place. [And by interested, I mean, I'm sure the women in their lives said, "Hey hon, come read this!"]
Plus, I also know that the male readership has grown a bit because of the Morning After series, based on a service at Antioch Temecula. When it comes to relationships and figuring out singleness vs. dating vs. marriage, all genders are interested.
So male readers, this post has been handcrafted especially for you today.
10. The style will always have a feminine spin, but the content is good. Push through.
9. My husband approves MOST of the posts. And he reads all of them. [Right babe?]
8. It's ok to cry at the really touching posts, even if it's tears made of rocks.
7. Unlike the male tendency to "get to the point", we take our time telling good stories. Like a couple paragraphs worth.
6. When generalizing a person or group of people, I may refer to them as "she/her" but think of it like Bible times when they say "sons/men". It means you too. [Most of the time.]
5. Every woman is different, but we all want the same thing: to be valued. I write about this a lot. Take notes and you're welcome.
4. Some posts will have no benefit for you, as a man, so don't feel obligated to read.
3. I will always tell it like it is, maybe with some bigger more sophisticated words.
2. The emotion/rationality ratio will always be a little off balance. Favoring emotion, of course.
1. I love God with all my heart, soul, and mind, and hopefully this will always come through the words and images I portray.
So glad you're here :)
To My Dear Brother, Today you are getting married. My little brother. The 2nd in our clan of 3 Mustakteers. You are the best around....
It was Tuesday morning and I did the same thing I always do on Tuesday's. I woke up at 5am, slammed my snooze button, dragge...
*Recently I've received alot of questions from new or younger worship leaders asking for advice on leading their congregation in wor...
I used to fantasize about being married. Not about having a house, a white picket fence, a steady job, and a beautiful wife and adoring ...
It was the day after my 23rd birthday . I was getting dressed and ready for the day and realized as I zipped up my jeans that they were ...
So, I can finally un-secret my Baby Pinterest Board. Man Version of this Story: We're pregnant. Woman Version of this Story: ...
I am honored to have the story of the boy I met at Starbucks featured on Proverbs 31 Ministries Daily Devotional for September 24, 2012...
"Before I pick up the guitar or sit at the keyboard, I’ve been ' writing ' by feeding on the stuff I do want to mark my life...
*FYI: The following series is on marriage and may contain candid speech and "mature" subjects such as sex and pornography. It...