Friday, September 16, 2011

Real Life Women: Alma Hallworth


How long have you been a Christian?
At the age of 8 years old I attended a children’s Christian camp through our church for a week and it was during that time that I accepted the invitation to ask Jesus to come into my heart! 

Yet, it wasn’t until about the age of 26 that I truly understood my need for a Savior and who Jesus wanted to be in my life and who I needed Him to be in my life as my Savior!

My life had not turned out like I had dreamed, partly because of the poor choices that I had made and they were now affecting not only me, but also my precious children. 

During that dark time with 3 beautiful children and a failing marriage, I turned to Jesus and for the first time in my life, cried out to Him and said, “Jesus, I want to know you!  Please reveal Yourself to me!  I need to know that You are real.  I need You and I can’t and don’t want to live another day without knowing You!” 

He did reveal His love and forgiveness to me and from that moment on I knew that He was real and that He loved me and had loved me since the beginning of time and was waiting patiently for me to come to realize that!  I knew from that moment that I had met my Savior and that He would watch over my children and I.

What has been the biggest lesson you've learned or toughest season you’ve had in your journey with God so far? 
Well, we are promised that we will have trials and tribulations in this life, but up until age 26 when I fully embraced who Christ truly was in my life, those trials leading up to that point were indisputably rough because I was fighting the battle on my own strength, but once I accepted Him as truly the Lord of my life and the captain of my life, He took over and everything that I or my family has endured in hardship wise after that point has been overcome by His blood and His grace!  That is the biggest lesson that I have learned and there is a song that reminds me of this very important truth.  I love the song, “Because He lives!”   The lyrics go like this:

“Because He lives, I can face tomorrow;
 Because He lives, all fear is gone; 
 Because I know, I know, He holds the future
 and now my life is worth the living just       
 Because He lives!”

 How does your relationship with Jesus affect the entirety of your life?
Jesus is my life!  He is my all!  He is my Shepherd and my Lord!  He saved me from the enemy’s intentions of destroying my family and I know that our life would not be as it is today without Him. 


He leads me and guides me and directs and re-directs my paths and makes the rough places smooth!  He is faithful and never changes!  My decisions are based upon His leading!

What do you do when you need encouragement or uplifting?
I seek Him!  I know in my heart that He is sovereign and that nothing happens in my life without His first hand knowledge of the circumstances that are pressing upon my life.  When disappointment comes my way and usually it is unexpected,  I do feel the pain and the sadness, but I know that He is with me and will strengthen me and anchor me in His love and grace and build up my faith in Him especially through His Word!  He also raises up His children to encourage me with their words of love, encouragement, admonishment and exhortation in my life!

What encouragement would you give to other ladies who are trying to pursue God?
God is real and He loves you so much that He sent His one and only Son, Jesus, to take our place and die on the cross for our sins!   He hears your cry, He sees your pain, He knows you by name and He will speak to you intimately through His Holy Spirit with words of life, hope, and everlasting love!  One of my favorite portions of scripture is:      
       
“I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;
He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise tour God.
Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.
Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust…”     Psalms 40:1-4a

Seek and wait patiently for Your Redeemer! He is there and He. Loves. You!
      
*Have a question for Alma, Kelly, Tamara, or Kathie? Leave it in the comment section and they'll answer you!
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.