Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Blogging Story: Part 1

*Alot has been happening here in the Morlet house which I will most definitely share with you soon. I started a series about what I taught at the recent Women's Retreat but have a bit of a turn of events since then and am not ready to conclude that story quite yet. I will though, I promise. 


On the other hand I've had quite a few of you ask how I got started blogging so I wanted to start this season with that. The current happenings will follow. There will be 5 parts. Here is part one.*







Chapter One
So I started blogging 3 years ago, totally unintentionally and on no type of schedule or routine. 

My very first post was August 11, 2008. I had just returned from Grand Rapids, Michigan where I was attending Grace Bible College for the past 2 years. I had every intention of returning for my Junior year, however due to the recession [and God's ways] my loan company had frozen all student loans across the state and I was out $9000 for that year's tuition. 

I stayed up all night with my parents trying to figure out if a second or third job would help my financial situation and after way too many numbers and a river of tears, we decided the best thing would be for me to come home to California. It was not what I wanted. I felt like a failure. I felt like I couldn't complete anything and I loved my college and friends in MI. I had so many plans and dreams wrapped up in this school and in one phone call they were shattered. 

So now I'm in Cali. Don't get me wrong, I love California. I knew this was where I was supposed to be, given the circumstances, but I was still sad to leave my life in MI. I missed my friends who had, over the last 2 years, become my family. It's kind of inevitable when you live with people for an extended amount of time you become friends, but add on dillusion from studies, a ridiculous amount of candy, soda and popcorn, American Idol and chick flicks [because that's what you do all Winter!], you become more than friends. They were my family.

To be continued...
*Interested in blogging but don't know where to start? I wanna help you tell your stories! Read more here.*
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.