Monday, June 27, 2011

Toddlers in the Age of Marriage

I woke up this morning to my husband standing by the bed with a freshly picked rose in his hand [insert "awww's here]. I'm not exactly sure where he got that rose, and if any neighbors are reading this and you're missing one, just know it went to fan the flame of love. :) We laid in bed talking about how crazy it is that two years have flown by so fast and how much we've been through, accomplished, and fought. 


I realized, in this moment, that age of marriage is kind of like the ages of children. We hit 2 today. We are "toddlers" in the age of marriage. We know enough to walk about and experience the world, but we still fall more times than we don't. 


Ty and I both agree that this last year was a smoother sailing than our first [here's a video on that one]. We are learning how to talk like grown ups. Our vocabulary has increased from "wahhhhh" and "wahhhh" to "i feel sad" and "you hurt my feelings" and "you smell good".


I know that any of you married and reading this will agree and have more than a blogs worth of advice, but if there's a running theme I've heard today from dear loved ones in the stages of "teenage" and "adult" marriages its, it's tough so worth it. 


To that I say, touche. 



In 3 hours our marriage will be on it's way to 3. Not sure what's going to happen in the next 365 days, but I'm glad I have my BFF by my side. 


I love you Tyson Morlet. 
More than you'll ever know. 
I can't wait to grow old with you and learn how to ride bikes together. 
I can't wait til we raise a family and marrying them off. 
I can't wait to move all around the world [hint, hint] and buy a house boat. 
I can't wait to spoil our grandchildren and one day be pros at this marriage thing. 
But til then, I am glad that I'm learning with you. 
Only you.


Love,

^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.