Thursday, March 29, 2012

Why I'm Not Afraid to Fail | Moving Days

Santa Monica Countdown | 3 Months

"How are things going with the move? Getting excited? Nervous?"
This is the question of our year. And our answer these days is, "Slowly and all of the above, but more excited than nervous." 

Though moments of anxiety are creeping in here and there, moving to LA has surprisingly been everything but nerve wracking. It's been exciting, adventurous, refreshing and occasionally questionable. There haven't been any road blocks yet, however there haven't been any jump-starters either. Just a slow and steady pace. 

But this week, a friend asked me what my biggest fear about moving was and I couldn't answer her. I didn't know. Initially I thought Failure, but the more I thought about it the more I realized I was okay with failure. This whole chapter of our life has been so crazily explicit about this move. We believe, God has made it painfully clear that it's our time to go and start something new. And like my dear friend Lisa wrote, if the purpose of our life is to see, know and share Jesus, then even through what we may categorize as failure, we will do just that. Know God more. (Paraphrased) 

Even if we fail, I believe we will see God more. Not because we failed, but despite the failure. 

Now you may be thinking, Geez girl you haven't even moved and you're already preparing for failure?! (That's probably what you're thinking isn't it Ty and Drew?!) To that I say Heck no! 
Do I believe in the vision of the movement we are bringing, absolutely! 
Do I see a place for it in the big City of Angels, oh goodness yes! 
Do I pray everyday it will thrive and people will experience God, you bet I do. 

I'm not afraid of failing; though I don't believe we'll fail. But it would be both naive and ignorant to step out in faith and give the world a hypothesis of 100% success guarantee. In the beginning of anything, nobody believes they're going to fail and that's a good thing. Otherwise people may never do things, ever. But it's nice to know that even if we do, we'll be okay. In fact, we'll be more than okay. 
“The only person who really fails is the one who never attempts anything for God in the first place.” -Lisa Whittle, {W}hole
XO, Julianna
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.