Friday, March 11, 2011

She Speaks: The Actual Conference



So there is this conference for girls and women who are pursuing to be public speakers and writers...perfect right??!! I mean, the subtitle should be a picture of my face! haha. 


Well Joanna and I have been talking for the last couple months about going but by the time we got talking, it was a little too late to start saving $$. So started saving now, hoping that we'll get to make it to next year's conference. And then...


We found out about this beautiful scholarship opportunity! Can you tell that I am excited?? 


The She Speaks Conference is put on by the women of Proverbs 31 Ministries. I have never met these girls but the content they produce on their site, blog, and conference pages has been incredibly encouraging and influential for me this last year as I have pursued writing and speaking with my whole heart. They have spurred me on to believe, not in myself, but in the goodness of God, the calling of God, and the power of God. That He chooses ordinary people to do His work and impact His people in ways that we could never ever dream of. Boy is that the truth. Never in my life did I anticipate working on this book project. And never did I think I'd be speaking, as a 22 year old, in front of Mom's groups and women's events


But this is just proof that God, the original creator, has crafted in each life a story and every story should have the opportunity to be told. Let me say that again: every story should have the opportunity to be told. Mine. Yours. Your parent's. Your children's. Because every story brings light to who God is.


Crazy isn't it?


The two portions of the conference I am most looking forward to are the Speaking and Writing segments [from the conference site]:

She Speaks: (Speakers’ Track) Whether you feel led to speak in a large arena or lead Bible studies in your church, you will be equipped with the tools you need to effectively share your message, build your platform, and market your ministry.
She Writes: (Writers’ Track) Learn everything from basic writing guidelines to preparing an article or manuscript for submission, and everything in between. In addition, you will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with some of the top editors, publishers, and literary agents in the Christian market.
So this is my entry of chance. 1 out of 200...those are good odds right? :) 
Happy Friday. Oh yea, my sister is getting married tomorrow!!
Love,

^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.