Thursday, July 19, 2012

How One Woman Stays Creative | Franchesca @ SmallBirdStudios

>>> I heard about Franchesca, initially from my cousin, and then through her online magazine STILL. She is a woman of such grace, compassion, and spiritedness. I feel like if we ever met in person, she'd have me smiling the whole time. She is a gem. ~JM




I am so excited to be sharing a little bit here on Julianna's beautiful blog! (thank you girl!)


The way I like to look at it, is the work I do is sort of a mess. It's a beautiful mess that I have the privilege of sharing with the world, and at the same time I get to share our story and how it all got started. Quite a few projects got started to honor my daughter's life after she left our world three years ago. Her life continues to inspire me in new ways to reach out and touch someone else's life. 


Needless to say, it's not finding the inspiration that is the hard part, for me it is staying inspired, and feeding that passion to stay and live CREATIVELY.

Being a stay-at-home/ work-at-home mom is a GIFT, but it is also a lot more than that. It is serious dedication, and draining (queue new pregnancy + potty training days here) at times. Sometimes I can feel the flame of passion for what I do burning out... easily. I get discouraged, wondering if there is something else I should be doing. Wondering if all the trouble is even worth it.


Times like this, I know it's time to break away from my routine.


For me that almost always means leaving the house. Taking a day trip to the beach or the museum district. Or even the farmer's market. Maybe even visiting friends.


Just somewhere that makes me happy. Something that can make me appreciate life in a new way, for even just a moment. Something that makes coming back home (and work) refreshed.

The truth is we all need a break. 
In the work world, you get breaks so why wouldn't you give yourself breaks in your own home? If you work from home, remember that working from home is not always as easy as it sounds. I think in some ways, it takes more self-discipline in certain areas. More than anything, you deserve these little moments away from the work that you do, regardless of how much you LOVE it, to be the best that you can be.


Breaking away will make you feel better about the work you do, make you more excited to come back, and in some cases inspire you in new ways.


xo fran



>Talk to her on Twitter @smallbirdstudio 

I am Franchesca... a Texas girl, with a love for instagram, chocolate and kisses from my two favorite people in the world. On my little blog, Small Bird Studios, I write about the life we now live after experiencing the loss of our first child, a little girl. You can read more about herhere. When she left us for Heaven, our world was rocked to the core and life has never been the same. It has become, with time, beautifully broken. A place where love lives, hope thrives, and healing is real.







**This post is part of July's Blog Series, The Bad and Beautiful of Creativity. Missed one? Catch up here.
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.