Saturday, November 1, 2014

If We Were On a Coffee Date | No. 11




If we were on a coffee date, it'd have to be now, 7:30PM because my house is sick and I just got them fed, showered, medicated and put to bed.

If we were on a coffee date any earlier, I would have had a fallen bun hanging from my head, lasagna sauce on my white tank top because the spatula freaked out on me during dinner, and a full bladder. Because who has time to take a real potty break?

If we were on a coffee date, we'd be sitting at Starbucks. I really should branch out, but right now I need familiar. (And by familiar I mean Sugar Free Peppermint Mocha. #redcups!) I need to know my drink is going to taste like I expect it to, the bathroom is clean, and the music isn't going to suck. #bobdylantakemehome

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you how much I'm grasping to familiar right now. Anything that can become routine, I try and keep it. Working out, nap times, games and pre-school activities, blogging, working...I know when and how they're supposed to happen and I am attempting to keep them there. 

If we were on a coffee date, I'd ask what season of season of life you think you're in. No that's not a typo. I probably know you're a mom, or in your early twenties, married or unmarried, in school or out. I want to know if you're in the exciting part of your season or the terrifying part of your season. Or anything in between. Tell me. 

If we were on a coffee date, I'd be tempted to get another holiday drink and you'd talk me out of it. Because you love me. 

What would you tell me on our coffee date?


^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.