Thursday, November 13, 2014

Giving Up Stability...For Now.


The season in Austin just turned overnight. It went from gorgeous days of sunshine and crisp air to windchill and freezing temps. Where are we?!

This California girl is realizing how inadequate her family's wardrobes are. Shopping anyone? 

We're in the busy season of church life: women's conference, Thanksgiving, Christmas, so home cooked meals and daily laundry days are a rarity these days. Who am I kidding, they're pretty rare regardless, but even more so now. Haha.

But I love my family. I love that we are us and we do things our way and it works. It's too easy to compare lifestyles with the families next door (or on Instagram). (Click it to tweet it!) But I am so grateful to have a husband who loves Chic-fil-a and a daughter who laughs just because she's with us. 

It's the small things ya know? 

“It's not hard to decide what you want your life to be about. What's hard, she said, is figuring out what you're willing to give up in order to do the things you really care about.”  
- Shauna Niequist 

Amen. 

Fresh laundry, clean floors, use of our kitchen table and the rhythm of routine are definitely things I want for my family. Someday. However, for the Mo's, in this season, we're giving up the stable stereotypes for the flurry of fast-paced ministry. 

It might change in the next few years to accommodate coming shifts, and I'm okay with that too. 

But for today, we eat out way too much, watch movies late, have Starbucks dates with our one year old, make up loud silly songs about everything and laugh all the time.

It's our normal and I wouldn't change a thing.

- - - - - - - - - -

What season are you in? Are you ready for a change or are you rocking it? 

- - - - - - - - - -

If you're new to this space, I usually reserve Mom talk for Thursdays. This isn't a mom blog. But I do blog and I am a mom. So naturally, it leaks through. 

^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.