Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Is Break Time an Act of Love?



Break time. 

Break break break time.
Breaking time.
Making a break in time.
For what?
What could possible be so important that we'd need to break the rhythm of time?

Sanity.
Peace.
Balance. 

I'm one of those people who have a hard time finding the self control to actually break my time. Sure I'll sit down to chill, but I'm on my phone or making a list, or thinking about how dirty that computer screen is. 

It's easier for my mind to keep computing and reacting and listing than it is for it to be completely silent. 

Why is that, I wonder. 


How much did I get done today? 
How far down my list did I make it?
How many loads did I wash and fold? 
How hard did I exercise and how clean did I eat? 
How happy is my child and did I teach her enough today? 
If the answer to these questions are not average or above, my day feels wasted. 

You too? 

Break time. 

Who has time for breaks? There's stuff to be done!

But no matter how fast or hard or long we work, it'll never be enough. 

If God doesn’t build the house, the builders only build shacks.

If God doesn’t guard the city, the night watchman might as well nap.
It’s useless to rise early and go to bed late, and work your worried fingers to the bone.
Don’t you know he enjoys giving rest to those he loves?



(Psalm 127:2)

Our efforts are long-winded unless they are built on the calling of our season. And when they are built on the calling of our season, then rest, amidst the toil, will come straight from heaven above. 

Because He loves us. He said so Himself. 

So does that mean, taking a break from the hustle and bustle is really an act of receiving and accepting love?

Maybe.

Break time. Necessary time. Steadying the heart and soul before it falls off balance.
Break time. Valuable time. Spent on centering and repositioning our mind and emotions.
Break time. Rest time. God given time to breathe in, breathe out, and start again.

- - - - - - - - - - -
What are you thoughts on break time? 

^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.