Friday, July 9, 2010

So We Took a Week Off


And we traveled by a borrowed Honda Civic up the golden coast of the beautiful Cali-for-nia. It was a last minute trip and so we [by "we" I mean Ty] decided that we should just go. Just drive and find those road signs with the tent camping logo on them and stop there. One night here, one night there, all the way up to San Fran.

So we packed our little car and started driving at 12PM on Monday afternoon. We got to our destination at 10:30PM and it happened to be a Comfort Inn....in Ventura. Long story. So we just stayed within Ventura county. But by day 2 we found our little nook off the highway [Faria State Beach] and it was a keeper. We stayed there the rest of the week. And we got to bring our Taylor girl. Here's some pictures to sum up:















The first night Tay got her own bed...lucky duck.

















Great City!


















The overcast was making us crazy.



















This is all she did all week. Chasing and barking at these squirrels. Then this glorious moment came, finally a face off.













Who says camp food can't be good? [Ty cooked all week!]



















Our little home :)

I have always loved camping with my family, but never thought it would have been something I'd do with just myself and my hubs. But it was so much fun! Like...so much fun! And way more chill than I thought. We slept alot. Ate a lot. Read a lot. And laughed a lot!

Needless to say I had a crazy good time with my little camping family. Celebrating 365 days of marital bliss.

Love you babe, and you still owe me shampoo.

~JM
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.