Thursday, July 22, 2010

How do we know God's Will?

This is a questions many many people ask themselves on a daily basis. God how do I know whether or not this is from you? Can you just show me...give me a sign?

For me, this is a frequent conversation. In the shower. When I'm driving. Eating. Sleeping. You name it, I've had it. Then a couple weeks ago, a dear friend of mine spoke something that I could of sworn was God himself speaking into my heart. 

In conversation with our wifey study about a friend's situation where we didn't know exactly what to pray for, she said, "Well, we know what we are asking for is God's will because it says so in His word. Very Clearly. So there is no question as to whether this situation will or will not be resolved. It will. We just don't know when. That is what we should pray for."

Amen sister!

It is like a light bulb went off in all our heads and beamed through our eyes. That ushered us into a powerfully transforming time of prayer for our dear friend. I know the Holy Spirit was present because the prayers that fled from our lips were not of us. They were fashioned by the confidence of Christ. Tears were shed. Hearts were moved. And we were impacted. We were brought together, closer as a community of wives lifting another up to our heavenly Father. 


All this to say, I have learned to frantically search the Bible. Answers are in there. Not all of them, but most. And the ones that seem to not be, maybe, just maybe it is because the wrong question is being asked. 


Matthew 6::31-34
“Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ “For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
 “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


I love love love it when the Lord reveals new truthes to my heart. I overflow with joy because I get to live a new day with new perspective. 

Just one more day.
One more truth. 
One more chance to acknowledge and be moved by my God. 

~JM

No comments:

^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.