Monday, July 12, 2010

Three Wishes

Remember when you were a kid and you sat in your big girl [or boy] second grade desk? It was the first week of school and your teacher was getting to know her classroom full of students. 

She gave you a writing journal, made from red construction paper, for you to decorate with freshly opened markers, crayons, glitter and beads until your heart was content. And inside that journal was what seemed like hundreds of clean white lined pages just waiting to be scribbled upon.

After a while of artistic decorating, she rang her little golden bell, signaling you and your fellow students to wrap it up.

Then the moment came. She began writing a sentence on the chalkboard [a what??]. Yes, I wrote chalkboard. [You mean a white board?] No. A chalkboard.

It said this:


 
If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?

Rule: 

*You cannot wish for more wishes.



But for most of us, this question was nearly impossible to answer. How can you only wish for 3 things when there are so many options...especially as a 7 yr. old. 

So I am re-writing that first prompt from Mrs. Shepherds second grade class.

But this time, I needed two categories.

Non-Serious
1. I wish I had a super power [like flying].
2. I wish I would never grow another pimple.
3. I wish I could eat brownies all day every day and never gain one pound.

Serious
1. I wish to have 6 beautiful children [preferably 4 boys and 2 girls].
2. I wish child exploitation never existed or would be brought to justice.
3. I wish I could tell all the girls in the whole world just how beautiful they are.

Have you ever thought why we wish? I mean who came up with all these crazy [but fun] little superstitious ideas about wishing anyways?

You make a wish @ 11:11AM
You make a wish when you blow the fuzzes of a dandelion
You make a wish when you throw a coin into a fountain
You make a wish when you blow out your birthday candles
You make a wish when you break the turkey's bone
You make a wish when you see a shooting star


What are you wishing for?


Naptime,

~JM
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.