Sunday, August 31, 2014

Leave it All at the Altar and Don't Take Any Leftovers Home




It's rare that we sleep well on Saturday nights. 

Nearly every weekend for the last five years, we've sung, played, led worship somewhere in this country. Together and apart from each other. We love what we do. Every time we step foot on any type of platform, be it a dirt lot or a big stage, we are acutely aware of two things: 1) we are living a big calling and 2) we don't deserve to be doing any of it. 

Maybe that's what keeps us up at night. 

It's basically an expected habit at this point, possibly a small annoying tactic of the Enemy to distract us from vision and excellence, but every weekend we push through and remember we are best at our weakest. 

Because then it's not us. It's Jesus. 
Satan’s angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. No danger then of walking around high and mighty! At first I didn’t think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that, and then he told me, 
My grace is enough; it’s all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness. 
Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ’s strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become." 
2 Corinthians 12:7-10
And I'm so grateful that I have a man, a co-laborer, that inspires me to leave everything I have at the altar, taking home no leftovers so that I might be filled again.

And so I encourage you, whatever you do, do it to the fullest. Leave it all at the altar. Take home no leftovers so that you might be filled again too.
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Mark 12:30
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.