Saturday, August 16, 2014

If We Were On a Coffee Date | No. 6




If we were on a coffee date, it would look a lot different than our dates in the past. We'd be sitting inside because it's currently 102 degrees outside. And the humidity is at one-large-wet-cat-sitting-on-my-head percentage.

If we were on a coffee date, we'd definitely be at a Starbucks because I have yet to find one of those super cute hipsters cozy coffee shops. I know they exist, I just haven't found one close yet. So two skinny vanilla lattes for us! (Unless you'd prefer something else.)

If we were on a coffee date, I'd ask how you week was and if anything exciting or out of the ordinary happened. And let's not skimp on the details please. We got time.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you my daughter is a genius. Not a prodigy or anything, but I think she's playing us. From walking, or not walking, to food choices and books to be read, she's figured out we're wrapped around her finger. It's bad. I'm not going to rat anyone out but Tyson one of us fed her a milkshake for dinner last night.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you I've been on an unspoken social media hiatus. Mostly because I realized I couldn't handle the fighting and bickering and badgering that's been flooding in; all in the name of "speaking out." I understand opinions and conversation, but the gloves have come off and mud is flying and none of it sits well with me.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd ask how I can pray for you. It's a little churchy. Ok, a lot churchy. But I'm learning a ton of prayer and intercession and community and sisterhood. So I want to pray for you, in the least cheesy way possible :)



Original photo via | Edited by JM
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.