Saturday, August 30, 2014

If We Were on a Coffee Date | No. 7


If we were on a coffee date, I'd skip the small talk and tell you I've had one of the best weeks as a worship leader and the hardest as a mother.

If we were on a coffee date, I wouldn't be wearing mascara, but instead, my faux glasses to cover up the bags under my eyes.

If we were on coffee date, with tears in my eyes, I'd describe to you the night I had with the women of my new church community. It was supernatural. And I try not to use that word lightly. 

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you I know I'm exactly where God wants me at this place in time. No doubts. None.

But, if we were on a coffee date, I'd confess that I don't know how to be a mother and leader and I'm not sure how to start learning. Maybe it's a trial and error season of life, but that freaks me out because my job and my family are what I'm trial and erring through. 

If we were on a coffee date, I'd ask for wisdom. Maybe you have some, maybe you don't. 

If we were on a coffee date, I'd apologize for talking too much and ask how your week was.

If we were on a coffee date,  I'd hope that my mess made you feel comfortable and safe enough to share yours. Then we'd probably feel less alone. 


What would you say if we were on a coffee date?

^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.