Monday, October 15, 2012

Luke 10:27 - (Day Eleven)



Over the last two years I've noticed my method or natural inclination towards interpreting Scripture changing a bit. There was a season where I would read and passage and think to myself, "Okay, so what is this verse saying for me?"

Not necessarily a wrong way of thinking, but I realized I was viewing Scripture as a means to end my confusion or sorrow or questioning rather than a means to know God more. 

This weekend, we visited West View Church and Pastor Jesse read,

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind." (Luke 10:27)

I love that verse, I thought to myself. But, to be honest, sometimes I don't have any strength or heart left to love God. Thank goodness I didn't say that out loud...

But it's true. For me at least. 

Sometimes there is only 10% of my 100% love tank left. And for the longest time I assumed that God didn't want that 10%. He wanted 100%. Isn't that what they teach us in church? God wants it all? Everything? 

But what if I don't have everything to give? Is that okay? 

The answer is, yes. 

God isn't asking for 100% of what we don't have it give. 

If we only have 10% left, He wants 100% of that 10%. 

Love the Lord your God, with all your heart, your soul, your strength and your mind. However much that might be. 

- - - - -
*If you're just joining us, first you'll notice I'm behind. But we don't talk about that ;) For the month of October, I'm sharing 31 verses that changed my life. Do you have some too? Share them with us on Facebook!
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.