Saturday, October 20, 2012

Ephesians 5:15-17 - (Day Fifteen)



About a month ago, I became aware of a blessing I knew the Lord was going to explode. In a good way. Every year, since 2009, myself and a team of about 15 girls and women put on a conference for middle school and high school girls and their moms. 

We call it, the Becoming Girls Conference

Our first year, we planned almost the entire conference in my upstairs bedroom. Our first year was a chaotic year I affectionately called, "The Disaster of 2009." Now, it probably wasn't as bad as it felt, but we had no idea what we were doing. 

Our second and third years were spent fine tuning the infrastructure, the program and the vision of our conference. I cannot tell you how amazed I am at the women that have surrounded and embraced Becoming. We have the most qualified and gracious women I could have ever asked for. 

This year, year four, we planned our conference over a September weekend in an estate in Southern California, with 15 women and girls (ages 13-50+) and we are bravely calling it our "Next Level Year." 

We settled on the theme: Becoming Brave, because we feel for the leadership and the attendees, this is a year to stand up and change our world. 

You see, what I did not know in October 2009, was our conference, it wasn't just for us. Becoming Girls Conferences is part of a much bigger agenda that our God is distributing across the globe. 

There is a global awakening of women who are standing, not fighting, standing up and demanding respect, presence, and a voice by their very conduct. This isn't a rerun of the feminist movement. 

Women are shifting their cultures by example and with the intention of bettering all of mankind. 

My 15 leaders have changed my life, maybe in ways they won't ever really know. They showed me what it looks like to live out Ephesians 5 with zeal, passion, and grace. 


Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. (Ephesians 5:15-17)

We don't have time to care what our opposers think of our actions. We don't have time to dwell on popularity contests. There is a world of people that are longing for something more. And we have that answer. 

Together, we are making the most of every opportunity.

Together, we are, Becoming Brave

- - - - -
*For my Mom, Sam, Madi, Bailey, Jodie, Joanna, Marcy, Erica, Christina, Carly, Bryckley, Tangee, Brittany, Chelsie, and Monica. 

**If you're just joining us, first you'll notice I'm behind. But we don't talk about that ;) For the month of October, I'm sharing 31 verses that changed my life. Do you have some too? Share them with us on Facebook!
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.