Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Top 5 (1/2) Reasons I'm Excited for Change

I got the giggles just writing all these out. However, please note, I am fully aware that excitement will soon meet reality and be a bit less exciting than what appears in this post. I know sometime, probably sooner rather than later, the ____ will hit the fan. I totally understand that. But I'm still excited and I hope my enthusiasm is felt and shared by any of you who are going through a big change in life as well. With that, here are the top 5 things I am most looking forward to in this move. ~


5 1/2. Living Closer to the Beach. Doi! :) 


5. Living in a big city. I know it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, or irritated by the bird chirp to police siren ratio. I've lived in small(er) towns my whole life and living in LA is such a huge deal to me. I mean, it's LA! Plus, as much as I love the quietness of Temecula at 9:00 at night, sometimes a girl just needs some late night snackage and McD's isn't going to cut it. 


4. Exploring a new culture. I think any place you move to, it opens up a whole new world of cultural normality. From art to music, to hot dog stands on the side of the road, to places you do and do not get your coffee from. I can't wait to ride the bus or ride my bike to town. I can't wait to get all the rest of the touristy stuff out of my system before I become a local. Future friends, consider yourself warned. I will be that girl for a little while. I can't wait to learn which route is the fastest to the freeway and what lights to avoid on your way home from work. I can't wait to grocery shop at Target and have to park on the street instead of a giant parking lot (seriously, that's crazy!). I can't wait to meet people. Tons and tons of people. Which brings me to my next point...


3. Meeting New People. It's amazing just how powerful the internet has been in connecting people, good people, in my life. Like, Tiffany, Rachel & Heather, Lauren, Harmony, Renee, Lisa, Sarah, Nicki, just to name a few. I'm excited about new friendships and hearing new stories. I think one of the coolest things about LA is that people congregate there from all around the world. It's been referred to as the "melting pot" of the US. I'm anxious to look back on this moment and think about how on earth I lived my life without "so and so" and "so and so." 

2. A New Level of Friendship and Trust in Marriage. Ty and I have had an interestingly amazing journey of a marriage. I couldn't, seriously couldn't, imagine doing this with anyone else. He is my best friend and I am his. I believe with all my heart that the toils and trials, the joys and romances of our 5 years together have all been preparing us for this change in our life. We have been encouraged, mentored, coached, and prayed for for such a time as this. We are step into a vast unknown and we are clinging tightly to one another more so than ever before. We are trusting each other at levels I didn't know were necessary or even possible. It's beautiful, absolutely beautiful. 


1. Living into what we feel called to do. This is the number one reason we are moving. We believe, with all our hearts, that God is calling us into the city of Los Angeles for the purpose of building and encouraging the Church. How that looks, we have our ideas and framework but we know that He is using us, despite our seeming inadequacies and fears, to birth something for His purpose and His glory. We might be crazy, but I guess you have to be; at least a little. 
- Julianna
- - - - -
What about you? What are your tops reasons of excitement for your big change?
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.