Monday, September 22, 2014

On Preparing and Practicing for the Battlefield



Sometimes I catch myself praying zealous, ambitious prayers I truly mean with all sincerity, until I see God answering them in ways I did not expect. It happened yesterday.

I prayed for God to send me in. I'm pretty sure "Put me in coach," slipped out of my mouth.

I was being serious. I want to play the game.

But almost within the hour, He showed me I'm not ready. I am not trained to run the field for 90 straight minutes. I am not prepared to fight this battle yet.  My armor is falling off me. It's rusty, it's heavy, and any movement I make forward looks like a tripping duck.

I need some preparation. I need to be trained to use the equipment and armor I've been given.

Sisters, God will not send us into battle unarmed and unprepared.  (Click it to tweet it!)

He loves us too much.

Halleluia!

When I pray things like, "Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander, that my faith would be made stronger, in the presence of my Savior," I can almost see God the Father raising his big ol' eyebrows, placing his giant gentle hand under this chin and with a soft grin saying, "Well then Sweetie, we'd better get to work." 

He loves us enough to work with us, work through us, work in us. Oh how He loves us.

So that trial, that struggle, that annoyance or sin you and I are fighting to get passed, well honey, it's just some good ol' fashioned practice.

Embrace it. I will too. And I'll see you on the field.

^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.