Friday, September 12, 2014

If We Were On a Coffee Date | No. 8



If we were on a coffee date, I'd invite you to my apartment. I started using our espresso percolator again to make lattes and Tyson is going coockoo for them. I need a second opinion.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd offer you some green crunchy grapes, brie cheese, and rosemary cranberry crackers because I'm probably starving and I love cheese. The crackers and grapes are just to maintain "balance."

If we were on a coffee date, I'd be apologizing for taking a phone call in the middle of our visit, but with tears in my eyes, beaming about how God really does provide. I'm not sure why I doubt it anymore. It's really getting silly.

If we were on a coffee date, there'd be a big long story about how I'm overwhelmed about getting a sitter for Symphony for the two days I work at the office. I don't know the first thing about interviewing a nanny, what I should be looking for and how to spot a crazy one.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd explain that phone call was from a co-worker who is quickly becoming a good friend, and her sister, whose baby girl is Symphony's age, is looking for part-time work! WHAT?!

If we were on a coffee date, I'd be a mess. A straight up mess of relief, thanksgiving, and wonder.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd ask you to tell me a story about how you've seen God work in your life this week.

And of course, if you'd like some more cheese.


^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.