Friday, June 6, 2014

If We Were on a Coffee Date | No. 3



If we were on a coffee date, I'd order a Trenta Iced Green Tea with no sweetener. And a chocolate bar. Because I just found out coffee is bad for me, post baby, and I'm still learning to cope. Not well, but we'll get there. 

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you I'm going to Sacramento this weekend with my best friend to see Beth Moore! (And we get to sleep in a hotel! Wooo! #allyoumomsknowhowawesomethatis

If we were on a coffee date, this trip is way over due. I feel like a dry cracked well whose mouth is wide open and begging for rain. A spiritual watering of sorts. 

If we were on a coffee date, I'd ask if you've ever felt like that. Dry, cracked, thirsty for refreshment?

If we were on a coffee date, I bring up that I read this line from Ruth's blog, was a timely punch in the gut: "Maybe the thought of being a dead or "almost dead" tree is too embarrassing, so we've learned subtle ways to staple fresh fruit to lifeless limbs.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd probably quickly assess how close of friends we are and then spill my guts regardless of what I decided. I'd tell you I feel like a lifeless limb with stapled fruit. 

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you how. And why. And pray that you didn't judge me. And hope that you have experienced brokenness too. Like me. 

Image found via | Edited by JM
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.