Friday, May 9, 2014

If We Were on a Coffee Date | No. 1


If we were on a coffee date, I’d stand in front of you in line and order an iced triple espresso in a grande cup with soy. And then I’d tell my favorite barista, Thomas or Alison, that I’d be taking care of your drink as well, because I love buying other people’s coffee.

If we were on a coffee date, I’d ask how your week was and have a million and one questions about the details. I love details. 

If we were on a coffee date, I’d probably tell you how the last couple weeks have been pretty pivotal for the Mo house. We’re entering an uprooted season again and I’m feeling equal parts adventurous and cowardess. I'd tell you how much I'm going to miss LA and walking to Starbucks and walking, well, everywhere else too. 

If we were on a coffee date, you’d probably wonder to yourself if “cowardess” is a real word and I’d reassure you, out loud, that it is not. 

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you about Beth Moore's book I'm reading with 3 of my closest friends. It's called Believing God, and call me late-to-the-game but holy moly it's changing my life. I'd tell you to read it too. Like tonight. 

If we were on a coffee date, I'd ask you what you're afraid of lately. Everyone's got something their afraid of. Then I'd tell you mine. And it'd probably be TMI.

And from that scary moment on, we'd be buds. 



*This post idea is not an original one. I stole the idea from Amber at Mr. Thomas and Me. She's a sweetie. Go see her. 
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.