Friday, May 23, 2014

If We Were on a Coffee Date | No. 2

If we were on a coffee date, I'd have this papoose strapped to me. She loves being outside and I love having the extra 19 pounds hitched around my waist. I feel like it's an adequate workout. You know, for a non-workout-er.

If we were on a coffee date, I would probably be running late because that's about the forecast of my week. It's sunny with a chance of Jules being on time to absolutely nowhere. #sorry

If we were on a coffee date, ask you if you know what cockroach poop looks like. And then proceed to educate you on the topic because, well, we're moving out of a 50 year old building and we have small uninvited visitors. That I kill. With a fiery passion. At 10PM.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd ask how your week was. What'd you do, where'd you go, and if you saw California's on fire.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you my brother's a firefighter and I was secretly terrified he'd get called out to those suckers burning down So Cal. Even though I know he was hoping everyday that he did. But he's a stud, so he probably should've got called.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you being proud of my siblings is something I never thought would bring me such joy. So weird how family grows up together, knowing the good, the bad and the ugly about one another, and yet, seeing them accomplish their dreams can get me all choked up.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd ask if you had siblings. How many? How old? If you all love each other? #justkidding #ithink

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you I'm nervous to live so far away from our families. I know it can be done. People do it all the time. And I'd need you to tell me to stop being such a sissy about it. Otherwise I may start crying.

If we were on a coffee date, I haven't let myself cry a lot in this whole moving-across-the-country-process. So let's keep it that way. I know this is what we're supposed to be doing. It's good. And that's why airplanes were invented right? To bring families back together?

What would you tell me on our coffee date? 
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.