Thursday, September 26, 2013

Hidden Seasons of Dirty Diapers & Our Legacy

Every time she wakes up I feel like she's grown just a little bit more. It's too much. It's like her birthday was just yesterday and she's graduating college tomorrow. Over exaggerate much Jules? Nah.

I once heard a woman say, "Don't rush the hidden seasons of motherhood. Your little ones represent more than dirty diapers. They represent your legacy." Man that's so profound, I thought.

I heard that before I became a mother.

Now, her words are on playback in my mind everyday. There is so much to be learned about motherhood and raising a baby girl. So much I don't know. So much I can't see.

I tried going back to work, just a couple hours a week, and realized today it's too soon. It's too early for my priorities to get jumbled. That will come, in time. I so badly don't want to lose myself, for her sake and for mine, but I'm not worried. Yet.

For now, I'm taking the advice of that sweet woman and basking in this hidden season. Just me and my babes.

What about you? How did you handle the early years of motherhood? Any advice? 


^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.