Thursday, March 7, 2013

I Want My Daughter to Love Her God


I want my daughter to dream. 
In the last days,' God says, 'I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams. (Acts 2:17)
I want her to know that God has chosen her to exist at this time, in this place, in this family, for a reason.
I want her to see the world, not as a broken toy that needs to be thrown away, but as a place of great possibility and beauty.

I want her to see her life, as a value to mankind, not only because of what she can bring to the table, but because of who her God has made her to be.

I want her to bestow grace upon the ungracious.
I want her to speak kindness to the unkind.
I want her to serve those who've never been served.
I want her to love those who feel unlovable.

I want her to move the mountains of impossibility.
I want her to seize the moments of greatness.

But more than all this, I first want her to love her God with all her heart, her mind, her soul and strength. And I know, without a doubt, the rest will follow. -


- - - - -
Thursdays here on The Girl that Sings are specifically for that. I need you and your passionate opinions and experiences. Just remember to be respectful. Bring on the comment conversations.

^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.