Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Beckoning Challenge Brings Triumph


The teens of today are searching, frantically, feverishly, for substance. They want something great. They want their value to supersede their existence. (Tweet that!) 

When I set out to start Becoming Girls Conferences, I had no idea how deep the well I was dipping into. I knew it was full, ready to be drawn from, but that's about it. I didn't know how it was going to happen. I didn't know who was going to help me. 

I was both terrified and electrified. Have you ever felt that? Like you know you're supposed to do something but actually doing it feels like you're falling, head first, into a rushing river of emotion and doubt and fear and possibility. 

That's what I'm experiencing right this very minute. I do every year, the last three weeks leading up to our conference. 

But if there's one thing I've learned in the last year, with church planting and mothering and worship leading, it is that if God calls, He will equip. (Tweet that!)

Let me say that again, a little more confidently:

If God calls you (me), He will equip you (me). 

He promised. Moses, Abraham, Sarah, Mary, Joseph, Samuel, Saul

So I will smile at whatever comes these next couple weeks, beckoning the great challenge. For I know, with great challenge comes great strength. And with great strength comes even greater triumph.

- - - - - - - - - -
So what is it that you've been called to? What both terrifies and electrifies you?

^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.