Thursday, May 16, 2013

What Did We Talk about Before This Baby?




Seems like the last couple weeks, this baby has consumed our every conversation.

"Babe, feel my belly, I think that's a Braxton Hicks."
"What do you think she'll look like? Brown hair yea?"
"Dude, she's gonna have your monkey nose and my giant forehead..."
"What if she's a rebel?" 
"Shoot we need to get her room ready!"
"Is my belly button popped out yet?"
"We need this crib, and this rocking chair, and these too!" (Says Ty in the middle of Babies R Us)

It's true. She has consumed us. There's a part of me that feels bad, maybe even a little guilty, that our life as we knew it is now over. I loved our life. More than anything. It was good, it was loving, it was free, it was, wonderful. An absolute wonderful life.


When I saw moms walking down the street with strollers I'd smile and go about my business. Now I crane as far as my neck will let me (without being creepy of course) to see what brand it is because it holds her diaper bag and her purse.

When we'd go to restaurants, we didn't mind the fuss of hungry toddlers in the tables next to us. But now, we both look at each other with fear, what are we going to do if Baby Girl Mo does that?! Tyson's answer usually is some joke that has to do with vodka.


I knew it would happen, we would cross over, but I thought it happens when she gets here. Boy was I sorely mistaken.

But you know what? It's amazing. It's amazing that this little person we've never met has us more in love with each other and life than ever before.


What about you? Did your first baby conversations switch over before you thought they would?
Will we ever NOT talk about it? :) 


^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.