Monday, January 19, 2009

Oh My, Oh My

So lately I have found myself having so many things to say, but no time to actually sit down and write them out. But I am dedicating a good portion of my day tomorrow, (after devotions, work, and lessons) to sit and be still. To journal everything that God has been teaching me these last couple of weeks, and let me tell you, it is a lot! :)

God has a funny way of teaching me. He does not just teach me something once and then let it go. No, He places hints or remnants of that lesson all over every area of my life! It’s as if I cannot escape from it. But despite the frustration, it is rather humorous. God knows that I am not a one time learner, nor do things take root in my mind and heart very easily. So He lovingly reminds me of it all day, everyday, in every way, every conversation, every song, every verse. Sometimes I am overwhelmed at how He knows me so uniquely that the lessons He teaches are specified to my learning style. Some people, like my sister, only have to learn a lesson once. Once they hear it, it goes in, is pondered, and acted upon. Me, not so much.

So tomorrow I will be writing. I will continue to learn. I will continue to listen. And I will continue to allow the lessons God is trying to teach me to take root within my heart, mind, and soul. And I will report back so that you too can be encouraged to do the same.

What is God teaching you?
What common theme has been infiltrating your life recently?
What do your eyes need to be opened to?

With eagerness and anticipation,

~JH

No comments:

^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.