Thursday, October 25, 2012

Psalm 23:3 (Day Eighteen)



I was a little high school freshman, my first year at Winter Camp, and our speaker was a Jamaican Mexican bald man who had more love in his heart than the world knew what to do with. (If you know Sabo Cortez, insert head nod and smile here.)

In the pinnacle of his evening message he leaned in, looked every single one of us in the eyes, and whispered, "Brothers and sisters, you were saved FROM something, TO something."

Wide eyed we leaned in as if he were giving away the secrets to life. 

So interesting. 

For the longest time, my limited view of Christianity was so I wouldn't go to hell. That Jesus loved me enough to save me from there. I was never okay with the "waiting for Jesus to come back" mentality. It didn't sit right with me. But I didn't know what else there was to do.

And then that night, the door was unlocked and swung wide open. I'm supposed to be DOING something. Not sitting. Not waiting. Moving, faster than ever. Pushing, with the force and stamina of the Gospel behind me. 

"He leads me in paths of righteousness, for His name's sake." (Psalm 23:3)


He led us into righteousness, for His namesake. Not ours. 


He led us FROM something (sin, shame, guilt) TO something (freedom, mission, purpose, life).

Are you stuck in the FROM of salvation? 
What will it take to move you FROM, TO? 

I have my Jam-exican friend's number, I can have him call you ;) 

- - - - -

*Oh hello! New here? Til the end of October, I'm writing verses that have been pivotal in my life. Everyone has those they cling to in seasons of life. Do you? Share it with us on Facebook!
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.